Find a Case

To search for a case in DAWSON, go to the DAWSON homepage. You can search for a case by Petitioner Name or Docket Number on the Case tab.

Search by Docket Number

  1. Go to the DAWSON homepage.
  2. To search for a case by Docket Number, you must include the dash in the Docket Number (e.g., 123-18).
  3. You may, but do not have to, include the letter suffix (S, L, SL, R, X, D, or P) of the Docket Number to find a case.
  4. When you enter a Docket Number that matches a case in the system, that case will display. If you enter a Docket Number that has no matching case, you will get a “No Matches Found” message.

Search by Name

  1. Go to the DAWSON homepage.
  2. To search for a case by petitioner name, you must enter the petitionerʼs full or last name. Partial name searches (e.g., entering “Ron” for Ronald) are not currently supported.
  3. You can improve your search results by adding year filed, country or state. For the state filter - you will see U.S. Territories and military bases are included. These fields are not required but can be used in any combination to refine results.

Technical Questions?

For assistance with DAWSON, view the FAQs and other materials here. To contact the Webmaster for technical issues or problems with the website, send an email to No documents can be filed with the Court at this email address.

Other Questions?

For all non-technical questions, contact the Office of the Clerk of the Court at (202) 521-0700.

United States Tax Court

400 Second Street, NW, Washington, DC 20217 | (202) 521-0700

All Rights Reserved